So, since my last blog i have done 2 races; The first round of the National XC series in Nottingham, and the First Eastern MTB Round.
I'll start with the national... We arrived on Saturday at Sherwood Pines, got mission control set up, kit on and then went for a lap with my good friend Billy Whenman (and my dad who trailed behind). The course at Sherwood is not so much technical, but it is fast and really tests your strength, and speed which makes it unique in the BMBS Series. I personally like the course as it has some fast flowing singletrack and a jump (It's good to have some fun). After i had ridden a couple of laps i got back to the tent and caught a bite to eat. That evening i hung out with friends and ended the evening with the Whenmans.
Mission Control
On the day of the race, i woke up feeling good. I hopped on the rollers to do a 20 minute warm up and was confident of a good race. I went down to the start and was gridded on the last row. From the gun i panicked and could not get my foot in the pedal which cost me time but i made up about 15 places and was ahead of last years national champ, Will Cheaney.
I was in around 27th place and was going well until 3 k to go when i felt exhausted. I dropped 3 places and finished 30th. I had a pretty silly crash where i rode into a huge meter by meter hole and superman'd over the bars which left me achy for the day but all in all i am happy with my result. I just hope to improve at the next race!
Next off...
Yesterday i raced the first round of the Eastern XC series at Hylands park, 5 miles from my house. I had strong competition from national cross champ Harry Franklin and other london riders but was determined to do a good ride. From the gun i was in second place, sitting on harry's wheel for a lap before he dropped me. I then battled it out with Liam Cowell for the second lap before gaining a gap and taking a second place, about half a minute from the leader.
The race was over and i just relaxed in the sun as i have a bad cold which is making me feel lousy...
Next race is Dalby forest BMBS so i am looking to do a good ride there...
Thanks for reading,
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment