I've been slacking recently, but since my last blog post I've had 2 wins, a second place in Belgium and a disappointing 4th in National Championships...
I'm super happy with second in Belgium and i had hit form just at the right time. I really thought i could get a podium at the nationals! Second place was a rider from Switzerland, Johan Jacobs so the competition was high! There were two sand pits, one rideable for me and lots of fast corners and a few steep run ups.
I'm not sure what went wrong at the Nationals... I just didn't feel strong. I had a good start but missed the crucial attack and was in a group racing for 3rd. I was set to get a podium until i overshot a corner two laps to go and had to unravel myself from the orange netting. I'm still happy with 4th though, but it's what could have been that gets me.
SO! Here is my end of year round up, i try to cover everything!
Most Exciting Race
Easily the Bradford National Trophy, riding in second place with a gap for the first time in my life was exhilarating! Shame it had to end the way it did.
Worst Race
National Championships, my body didn't feel right and i didn't enjoy it. Plus i was so close to that long awaited podium...
Most annoying
Bradford National... Snapped my rear mech on the last lap whilst in second. If i hadn't of had that incident i would have had my first National podium. Cried like a little girl after that.
Best bit of Kit 1
Easily the Bradford National Trophy, riding in second place with a gap for the first time in my life was exhilarating! Shame it had to end the way it did.
Worst Race
National Championships, my body didn't feel right and i didn't enjoy it. Plus i was so close to that long awaited podium...
Most annoying
Bradford National... Snapped my rear mech on the last lap whilst in second. If i hadn't of had that incident i would have had my first National podium. Cried like a little girl after that.
Best bit of Kit 1
Colnago Prestige bike for sure! Windwave were kind enough to supply me with two of these amazing bits of kit. So stiff, and handle like a dream. After riding one of those, i don't think anything else would feel good enough.
Best bit of Kit 2
FFWD wheelsets. I used 2 different dugast treads on FFWD wheels this season and they are amazing. Stiff, light and indestructible. Perfect for cross.
Favourite moment
Stepping onto the second step of the podium in Belgium. Massive crowds watching, cameras flashing, TV cameras pointing, podium girls kissing, flower holding... Perfect.
Worst
Breaking my finger at school the Wednesday after the Nationals. The break is right across the joint and has left my middle finger on my left hand in a plastic thing 24/7 for at least 6 more weeks. It ended my season, which included one more national where i know i would have been on the podium and two more races in Belgium. Not cool, finger.
Looking forward to next season
Hopefully gaining selection for the Euro Champs in Ipswich. It'll be hard as a first year, but it's where i want be, representing GB. I know i can do it, and i won't let anything get in my way.
So as i sit here feeling sorry for myself and reflecting on the season, i know i couldn't have been 1/47th as good without the invaluable help of the following people:
-Ciclos Uno
-Ewan Hendon the mechanic God
-Ewan Hendon the mechanic God
-Mum, Dad and Ciara.
-James (and George) Whatling
-James (and George) Whatling
-Jake and Steve Poole
-Helen and Stefan Wyman
- Ivan Burch and family.
-Mark Burch
-Mark Walker
-Kevin Barker
-Roger Barker
-Sparky
Thank you all, and good night.





No comments:
Post a Comment