Its been nearly 3 months since I broke my finger, and was ruled out of what was left of the cross season for 2011/2012.
Since then, I've just been riding with rage from missing what would have been a great end to the season! Lots of Blue Egg rides, and lots of turbo. I managed to fit in the last of the Maldon winter series cross race mid february, and got a final win before hanging up the cross bike for good.
On the 17th of March I went to Hog Hill for my first real race back since the 7th of Janruary, on the road. I got a great start, suffering a bit as I was undergeared, but it was going well until I punctured my rear wheel at the foot of the Hoggenberg climb.
I walked back up to the top, and the Dad of my team mate Ed bird kindly gave me a wheel to use to carry on. I jumped back into the group, and I attacked, forming a breakaway with 4 other riders; Joe Fry, Calum Anderton, Louis Magnani and Louis Modell.
Unfortunately i just didn't have enough gears to ride properly, so i was forced to pull out.
In the last week and a half, I managed to catch a virus so have been bed bound, apart from making the dull trek to school for a French speaking exam, and to a College interview. I raced the first round of the Mud Sweat and Gears MTB series at Tunstall forest in Suffolk on my new Colnago Rock MTB, getting a pleasing 2nd place after a race long battle with Ru Phelan of VC Revolution. I felt a bit powerless however after not being on the bike at all for a week, but I'll work my way back to fitness!
As usual, a massive thanks to Ciclos Uno and Windwave for keeping me going all the time. Hopefully I'll be able to pull my finger out for a win at the next round of the MSG mountain bike series!






No comments:
Post a Comment