After a hugely successful cyclocross season for me which included winning the National Trophy overall, and representing Great Britain on multiple occasions, I had a bit of down time and spent a while training in Spain for the coming road season.
During the cyclocross season I entered talks with the Management behind Neon-Velo, and after months of discussion and communication, it was agreed that I would join the team for the 2014 road season into the 2014/2015 cyclocross season. I officially became a member of the team yesterday (3rd April) whilst at the teams service course and offices in Ware, Hertfordshire.
It's sad to leave the orange kit of Ciclos Uno after being with them for so long, and as they have always been behind me, but I am very excited for my career to develop with Neon-Velo, and happy that Trevor, Jane and Ewan at Ciclos Uno share that excitement.
I'd like to express my thanks to Dan and Emma at Neon-Velo for offering me this opportunity, and also to the Team with the support of Trek and Bontrager for providing me with bikes to race on. I will primarily be using the Madone 6 series, and Boone 9 models kitted out with Shimano gearing and Bontrager finishing kit.
I will be retaining my fantastic support from Quest Sportswear, who will continue to provide me with gym wear, leisure wear, and training kit, and also from Ventoux Ltd who will continue to provide me with their bombproof and versatile luggage range. I'm pleased that Ciclos Uno will also remain a part of my mechanical support setup, preparing and looking after my bikes.
Thank you to those who have supported me throughout my time cycling, and I hope to be able to offer you even more successes in this next phase of my career.
Ciao.

No comments:
Post a Comment